See the Person, Not the Disability (Women's Pillow)
This design was inspired by 2 things:
1) My daughter (Sammi Haney) plays Esperanza on Netflix’s Raising Dion and an episode addressed an issue that helped inspire this shirt and
2) People not being able to see past my daughter's wheelchair, and see her, as a person. The most recent example is when Sammi got the part on Raising Dion and we told people about her being on a new Netflix show, it was disappointing that some of them assumed it must be a show about her medical condition, as if that is all that people with disabilities can star in.
Sammi got the part on Raising Dion because when they watched her audition tape she made everyone in the room laugh, and they loved her sassy personality. Her wheelchair is not what got her the part. Hopefully by Sammi being on Raising Dion she is able to help remove the stigma that people with disabilities cannot star in major TV shows.
Want to add a splash of color to your home? This premium feel moisture-wicking pillow with a shape-retaining insert is just what you're looking for! It'll make any room luxurious and provide the perfect excuse for a quick power nap.
• 100% pre-shrunk polyester case
• Moisture-wicking fabric with a linen feel
• Hidden zipper
• Machine-washable case
• Shape-retaining 100% polyester insert included (handwash only)
We Also Recommend
The Only Disability in this Life is a Bad Platitude (instead of Attitude) Pillow
Special Needs Parents are Proof that You Can't Die from Lack of Sleep (Pillow)