See Me Not My Disability (Halftone) Unisex Shirt
This design was inspired by 2 things:
1) My daughter (Sammi Haney) plays Esperanza on Netflix’s Raising Dion and an episode addressed an issue that helped inspire this shirt and
2) People not being able to see past my daughter's wheelchair, and see her, as a person. The most recent example is when Sammi got the part on Raising Dion and we told people about her being on a new Netflix show, it was disappointing that some of them assumed it must be a show about her medical condition, as if that is all that people with disabilities can star in.
Sammi got the part on Raising Dion because when they watched her audition tape she made everyone in the room laugh, and they loved her sassy personality. Her wheelchair is not what got her the part. Hopefully by Sammi being on Raising Dion she is able to help remove the stigma that people with disabilities cannot star in major TV shows.
This t-shirt feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester)
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
|Width (inches)||16 ½||18||20||22||24||26||28||30|
We Also Recommend
Different Does Not Equal Less (As Seen on Netflix's Raising Dion) Adult Shirts