See Me (Not My Disability) Structured Twill Cap
This design was inspired by 2 things:
1) My daughter (Sammi Haney) plays Esperanza on Netflix’s Raising Dion and an episode addressed an issue that helped inspire this shirt and
2) People not being able to see past my daughter's wheelchair, and see her, as a person. The most recent example is when Sammi got the part on Raising Dion and we told people about her being on a new Netflix show, it was disappointing that some of them assumed it must be a show about her medical condition, as if that is all that people with disabilities can star in.
Sammi got the part on Raising Dion because when they watched her audition tape she made everyone in the room laugh, and they loved her sassy personality. Her wheelchair is not what got her the part. Hopefully by Sammi being on Raising Dion she is able to help remove the stigma that people with disabilities cannot star in major TV shows.
The cap itself has intricate embroidery details. Available in two sizes with an elastic stretch band for comfort. It has an athletic shape with a curved visor.
• 63% polyester/34% cotton/3% spandex twill
• Structured, 6-panel, mid-profile
• Stretch band
• Silver under visor
• Head circumference: 22” - 23 ⅞”
|Size (inches)||21 ¼-22 ¾||22 ⅜-23 ⅞|
We Also Recommend
My Child Does Not Exist for Your Inspiration (Special Needs Parent Vintage Cotton Twill Cap)