See Me (Not My Disability) Youth Light Color Shirts
This shirt was inspired by 2 things:
1) My daughter (Sammi Haney) plays Esperanza on Netflix’s Raising Dion and an episode addressed an issue that helped inspire this shirt and
2) People not being able to see past my daughter's wheelchair, and see her, as a person. The most recent example is when Sammi got the part on Raising Dion and we told people about her being on a new Netflix show, it was disappointing that some of them assumed it must be a show about her medical condition, as if that is all that people with disabilities can star in.
Sammi got the part on Raising Dion because when they watched her audition tape she made everyone in the room laugh, and they loved her sassy personality. Her wheelchair is not what got her the part. Hopefully by Sammi being on Raising Dion she is able to help remove the stigma that people with disabilities cannot star in major TV shows.
A lightweight youth tee, made of 100% cotton (except for heather colors, which contain polyester). Comes pre-shrunk so the fit stays the same over time and multiple wash cycles.
• 100% ring-spun cotton (heather colors have polyester)
• 30 singles
• Tubular construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder tape
• Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
|Length (inches)||21||22 ½||24||25||26 ½|
We Also Recommend
Sassy Girl (Esperanza - Raising Dion) Unisex Light Color Shirts - Design 02